A few signs I received today that Christmastime is here… despite Thanksgiving still being 6 Days away:
- Spent a couple hours at Wal-Mart buying Christmas presents for underprivledged kids in NW Houston… evidently, its Christmas when Wal-Mart says so.
- Actually heard a Christmas song on the radio.
- I am going to the first Christmas party of the season… tonight. You kids can call it a Holiday Gathering, but its a Christmas Party.
- I am dressing up as my favorite character from a Christmas Movie… here’s a hint: “They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one. Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave, I’d piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour.”
- I am allowed one scatological term per blog until the New Year.
- Macy is going as one of the Hot Chocolate Guys from Polar Express, Matthew as Frosty the Snowman, and Kelly is going as the wife and mother who has to deal with the other three of us.
- I was digging around in our storage unit and saw all of our Christmas Decorations and the tree we bought at Lowes after Christmas 2 years ago… as yet unopened.
- This just in… Kelly is sticking a round piece of red paper on her nose and going as Rudolf. Lame.
I guess the point is, ready or not, Christmas is here.